/ This is my go to makeup look! I start off with the soft
NARS favourite
madrasa
NARS All-Star
21/03/24-03:52
This is my go to makeup look! I start off with the soft matte complete foundation. This is a medium-to-full coverage matte foundation with oxidation-resistant (contains a blend of botanical extracts and antioxidants which help control the appearance of excess sebum to prevent shades from shifting due to oxidation as well as helping defend skin from pollutants, free radicals, and blue-light exposure that can contribute to the appearance of excess sebum) which lasts 16 hours! I use shade Fiji which is a light to medium shade with warm undertones. How to use: I use the Pat, Press and Blend approach: I dispense a small amount on to the back of my hand. One drop is enough when applying with your fingertips. PAT it using your fingertips. I like to start at the center of my face and gently PRESS the foundation on to the skin. I then use a stippling motion to BLEND outward. I'd recommend working in small sections, focusing on one area at a time to get the best coverage. It feels weightless and I can blend easily. It looks smooth with a natural soft-matte finish that feels comfortable. It has a Hydramatte Balancing Complex which helps mimic a healthy-looking complexion by balancing the appearance of excess sebum while keeping skin hydrated with a combination of Micro-Algae Extract and Bio Hyaluronic Acid. I see my skin looking smooth and bright as a result so you don't need to compromise your skincare for makeup! I then use the Soft Matte Complete Concealer. This is a high-coverage, matte concealer with a blurring, soft-focus effect that wears all day. I use shade Macadamia which is for medium skin with peach undertones. It is weightless and natural looking. It conceals dark spots, undereye circles, redness, and breakouts! It doesn't settle into fine lines or pores either as it has supportive Peptides and Hyaluronic Acid which plump the look of the skin. It also contains vitamins A, C and E so you can get your nutrients whilst looking glam! It has a soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections by absorbing and refracting light. How to use: I use my fingertips to warm the product and press into my skin. I then use a stippling application to areas with more texture. This includes places like acne scars, pores, and wrinkles. I use brush #12 to layer.  I then use the light sculpting highlighting powder in shade Maldives (a rose bronze). It gives my skin a dewy finish! How to use: I swirl onto the apples of my cheeks, blending outwards and upwards along the cheekbones. I then sweep a bit on my forehead and the bridge of my nose. I continue applying it in a circular motion, continuously blending as well as blending into my neck to avoid any harsh lines.  I apply the climax mascara which is smudge proof and buildable. It doesn't clump and gives me an intense look if needed with volume! It gives a creamy feel to my lashes and my lashes don't feel stiff after using it. How to use: I start by coating the top and bottom of my upper lashes, using the brush to wiggle through. I then concentrate applying it on the root and the outer lashes. If you don't want to use an eyelash curler to give you a lift or you simply don't have time, I'd recommend holding and lifting your lashes for 5 seconds when applying the mascara. If I'd like to add a more dramatic look to my eyes, I use the tapered edge of the brush to coat the bottom lashes with.  Lastly, my lips! I use my favourite lipstick- the afterglow sensual shine lipstick in shade 209 (on edge) which is a warm pink colour. This lipstick not only gives shine but 8 hours of hydration (containing mango and shea butter to smooth dryness) so acts as your lip care too (containing antioxidants to protect your lips)! It doesn't feel sticky on my lips and gives them a fuller look as well as feeling lightweight upon application. I like to build the colour from sheer to medium as well as adding Afterglow Lip Shine in shade Triple X (crystal clear gloss) for an added shine effect. This contains pomegranate, jojoba oil and raspberry seed oil which conditions and protects your lips.  I hope this helps someone try out a new makeup look and don't forget to clean your brushes after use (dispense a small amount of gentle soap onto the bristles and rinse until water runs clean. Reshape the fibers once done)!
NARS
Soft Matte Complete Foundation
NARS
Soft Matte Complete Concealer
NARS
Light Sculpting Highlighting Powder
NARS
Climax Mascara
NARS
AFTERGLOW SENSUAL SHINE LIPSTICK
NARS
AFTERGLOW LIP SHINE