/ Artistry Tips

Artistry Tips

Share your tips and tricks with other community members.
kerryd
Rising Star
25/07/24-14:51

To make my make up stay put in summer i stay cool and hydrated and i carry a fan , less is more and use a fab matte setting spray .

Emzalot
Rising Star
25/07/24-12:50

to make my makeup last the day during the summer I apply Nars Light Reflecting setting spray, wait for it to dry down then apply Nars Light Reflecting setting powder. It keeps my face shine free for longer so my make up doesn't slide off as well as giving me a demi matte blurred finish which is very flattering.

angelai8
NARS All-Star
24/07/24-17:58

To make my makeup long lasting I use a setting powder on the top of foundation and a setting spray at the end

Suggested mission See all
Share your first Beauty Tip
20 nars exp picto
sharonp
Rising Star
24/07/24-16:32

To make my makeup stay put during the summer i use a SPF primer , then tinted moisturiser , i add on concealer , mascara and long wearing lipstick or a gloss

samantha
Rising Star
24/07/24-16:09

for lasting make up you need to take time.
I use serum and spf and let that all soak in before using a setting spray.
then after skin tint and a little concealer another spray before setting with powder.
then when eyes are done another spray.

I've seen some good tips here though so I'm going to try and see if it makes a difference.
as I am I can go a full work day and still look good but I can feel a bit greasy after about 9 hours.

ng123
Rising Star
23/07/24-21:02

For the Summer, I find that applying setting powder before and after applying setting spray has massively helped with reducing an oily complexion throughout the day! To minimise transfer, I like to press the powder into my skin with a soft sponge.

SallyC
Rising Star
23/07/24-13:20

For my makeup to last, its all in having a good base and a good setting

start of with a hydrating yet tacky primer. Then tend to have really amazing staying power.

when doing concealor, set with a pressed power before you go in with a loose powder.

in between each layer of makeup application, spray your face with a setting spray.

For my makeup to last, its all in having a good base and a
Nadine Louise
NARS All-Star
22/07/24-23:42

Beat the heat! 11 top tips for summer makeup

1. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise - Use an oil-free moisturiser in the morning, and opt for an oil-free foundation formula to match. These will be less likely to leave your face greasy throughout the day, especially in the heat.

2. Apply SPF - Wear SPF 30 or higher sunscreen every single day, even under your makeup. (Applying makeup over sunburned skin is not fun!)

3. Primed and ready - Primers are definitely the way to go in summer. They help hold makeup in place without feeling like a heavy additional layer.

4. Less is more - If you want to prevent your makeup from creasing and caking then less is more.

5. Skip the shimmer - humidity will make you extra shiny and sweaty-looking if you have too much sparkle on your skin.

6. Blush lightly - Blush adds balance and healthiness to any look, but if youโ€™re still using the same powdery formula, your flush might be getting cakey faster.

7. Bronze appeal - Powder bronzers are the easiest to apply and least likely to slip around in summer heat.

8. Lip Care - lip balm for moisture to your lips.

9. Go bright - Besides looking summery, livelier colours brighten the face and bring a youthful glow to skin

10. The eyes - For the ultimate in all-day wearability, layer a powder eye shadow over a cream.

The final step in getting your makeup to last all day and night is to spritz on a makeup setting spray to seal in your look.