My best tips for creating a winged eyeliner look TIP #1: USE TAPE - Apply a piece of household tape right below where you will draw your eyeliner wing. Use the tape as a tracking line and draw on the wing. Remove the tape for a mess-free, perfectly sharp winged eyeliner look. TIP #2: KEEP ELBOWS SUPPORTED - It sounds simple, but it makes all the difference: Rest your arm on a table to stabilize it and look down into a tilted mirror when applying winged eyeliner for simplified, stress-free application. TIP #3: CLEAN UP LINES - When you've finished drawing on your winged eyeliner line, dip an angled brush or (use a cotton bud ) in makeup remover and use it to clean up any imperfections. TIP #4: 1-STEP SMOKEY EYE - For instant smokey eyes, use a gel eyeliner pencil to line eyes, not worrying about creating a perfect line, and softly blending the eyeliner for that smokey, winged eyeliner effect. This also provides a great base for eyeshadow, ensuring the shadow will last longer! TIP #5: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - If youโ€™re new to eyeliner, especially liquid eyeliner, start with a pen version, like Climax Liquid Eyeliner. To get a feel for the fluidity of the pen, practice on the back of your hand before applying winged eyeliner. Use small strokes along the lash line until you can perfect one fluid line. TIP #6: WHEN IN DOUBT, GO SUBTLE - Create a very natural, but defined winged liner look with Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Use an angle brush and apply the gel liner right into the lash line to define the eyes without looking like makeup.
Skin Prep that makes your makeup last all day! As a makeup artist we always talk about the importance of what goes under your makeup. Here is my routine for everyday. 1. Nars Multiaction Treatment Lotion. Pump 1-2 times to your hands and pat that hydration on to the face-decolte until your skin is drenched (No cotton pads!) repeat this 2-3x if your skin is dehydrated. 2. Lock that water hydration into the skin by Nars Light Reflecting Moisturiser take a pea size amount and massage it in until your skin feels soft, plump and moisturized. Now your skin should feel and look dewy and a bit damp, don't worry the dewiness will settle in a bit more as you go on. 3. If you are oily girl choose the Mattifying Primer and use that on t-zone or choose the Radiance Primer if you want a bit extra glow + SPF. Go on with your choice of foundation + concealer and rest of the makeup. I use Radiance Primer, Light Reflecting Foundation, Radiant Creamy Concealer, Afterglow Liquid Blush Orgasm and Laguna Cream Bronzer.
when I first started learning how to do winged liner I found it easier to start with a small sharp angled wing liner brush and a gel liner and practiced applying it. Next, I moved on to applying wings using a liquid liner. it really helps make application easier to work in stages rather than trying to draw the wing in one go: 1) draw small dashs or dots along the lashline 2) join the dots using light pressure and the very tip for a thin line or the side for a thicker line 3) tilt the head back slightly and follow the natural line on the bottom lashline to help with placement of the angle to your wing. 5) fill in any gaps 6) Donโ€™t panic if the wing isnโ€™t the perfect shape, you can quickly sharpen or clean it up using a cotton bud dampened with micellar water or some concealer and a small angled eyebrush.
Achieving the perfect eyeliner look can be a game-changer. Personally, I find that it depends on the desired effect and occasion. For a precise and sharp line, I typically opt for a liquid eyeliner. The NARS Liquid Eyeliner offers fantastic control and intense pigmentation, allowing for flawless winged eyeliner or intricate designs. On days when I'm aiming for a softer, smudged look, I reach for the NARS High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner pencil. Its creamy texture glides on effortlessly, making it ideal for blending or creating a sultry smoky eye. For best results, I always start with a clean, primed eyelid and take my time to carefully apply the eyeliner, building up the intensity gradually. Don't hesitate to experiment with different techniques and products to discover what works best for you!
One of my secrets is that when I meet a bride with extremely dry and flaky skin, I always exfoliate first, then go to the skin care step and then style the bride's hair bc the skin needs it aslo time to absorb the nutrients from the moisturizer. Second, I always choose foundation with the words Glow, Serum Foudation. Third is the most important thing: "Absolutely do not use a brush to apply foundation on dry skin, but use a sponge with mineral spray on the sponge.โ€ Bc the downward force will pull the dry skin layers along. and will make the foundation look worse and dry when you apply powder. Before applying powder, spray another layer of mineral spray with vitamin C to add moisture to the foundation, then let it dry before applying powder. You will definitely have a great foundation.
Contouring can indeed be a game-changer in makeup, but mastering it requires practice and understanding your unique facial structure. Here are some tips to help you accomplish the perfect contour: Choose the Right Products: Opt for matte contour powders or creams that are only a few shades darker than your natural skin tone. Avoid products with shimmer, as they can make the contour appear unnatural. Identify Your Face Shape: Different face shapes require different contouring techniques. For example, those with round faces may want to focus on sculpting the cheekbones and jawline, while those with square faces may want to soften harsh angles. Start Light: It's easier to add more product than to remove excess, so start with a light hand and build up gradually. Remember, less is more when it comes to contouring. Blend, Blend, Blend: Blending is key to achieving a seamless contour. Use a damp makeup sponge or a fluffy blending brush to blend the contour product into the skin, focusing on diffusing any harsh lines. Focus on Placement: Contouring is all about creating shadows, so focus on placing the product in areas where you naturally have shadows on your face, such as the hollows of the cheeks, along the jawline, and on the sides of the nose. Highlight and Balance: To complement your contour, use a highlighting product to bring light to the high points of your face, such as the tops of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and the cupid's bow. This will help balance out the shadows created by the contour. Practice Makes Perfect: Contouring can be intimidating at first, but don't be discouraged if it takes some time to master. Practice different techniques and experiment with placement until you find what works best for your face shape and features. Remember, the goal of contouring is to enhance your natural features, not completely change them. With patience, practice, and these tips in mind, you'll be able to accomplish the perfect contour that enhances your beauty and confidence.
Achieving a radiant complexion starts with a combination of skincare and makeup techniques. Here's my tip for healthy-looking skin: Start with a nourishing skincare routine that includes gentle cleansing, hydrating serums, and a moisturizer suited to your skin type. Don't forget to apply sunscreen daily to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. For makeup, opt for a lightweight, hydrating foundation or tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone without masking your natural beauty. Use a creamy concealer to brighten under your eyes and spot conceal any imperfections. To add a radiant glow, apply a liquid or cream highlighter to the high points of your face, such as your cheekbones, brow bones, and the bridge of your nose. This will catch the light and give your skin a luminous finish. Lastly, incorporate superfoods like berries, leafy greens, and omega-rich nuts and seeds into your diet for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help promote healthy skin from within. Remember, consistency is key, so stick to your skincare routine and makeup regimen for a radiant complexion all year round!
The number one tip that i learn is, prime your brush ! you might think, prime ? how can you 'prime' a brush ? well it's not you actually using a makeup primer or a brush primer liquid etc. It's actually a technique used by many makeuo artists, to ensure your foundation looks like second skin. All you need is, a foundation of choice ( mine would either be the NARS light reflecting foundation or Soft matte) and a foundation brush. Just place the foundation into the palm of your hand as the heat also helps the foundation to warm up and to wear better on the skin, and just swirl the brush and lighly buff, without applying too much pressure. This will get the product into the brush and when you apply the foundation, it'll look smoother, you wont have to spend a lot of time blending, and it'll help the foundation to adhere to the skin better. My favourite thing to do is taking a bit of light reflecting foundation, swirling my brush in , then starting at the high points first,go to the areas i need to cover most and then as i get the part where i need less foundation, just use whatever is left on the brush. That way, no wastage, i dont have to wipe off excess ( love this foundation too much to wipe it away). you also look much more glowy and radiant!
first thing first::: SLEEP!!! thats the best tip anyone can give someone, 7-8 good nights sleep will do wonders for you skin and your overall health and wellbeing. stay hydrated always. im guilty of it. but i do my best to drink at 2L of water a day. i dont know if this would be helpful to everyone, but for someone like myself who has dry, sensitive skin ive realised that 1 you need to invest in a face scrub, preferably one for sensitive skin and 2 always always mositurise your face. i tend to use thick moisturisers day and night because that what my skin likes and i like knowing my skin feels supple and moisturised. plus spf - dont forget the main ingredient. spf is important. also lip balm - keep that everywhere. on you, in your pockets, in your car, in your bag, at your work/school lockers .. everywhere. chapped lips isnt appeaing. personal opinion of course. if you were born with blessed skin like no bags or puffiness under the eyes (90% of us arent) a good skin match concealer just in the inner corner .. just brighten up the eye and look slightly more awake that how you would feel first thing. and maybe dab some on a blemish/spot if youre having a bad day
Here are some tips and tricks for achieving healthy-looking skin using Nars products: 1. Prep with a Primer: Start with the Nars radiance primer to create a smooth base for makeup application 2. Hydrate with Tinted Moisturizer: Instead of heavy foundation, opt for the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. It provides lightweight coverage, hydrates the skin, and gives a natural, radiant finish. 3. Conceal with Radiant Creamy Concealer: Use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer to cover any blemishes, dark circles, or imperfections. Its creamy formula blends seamlessly into the skin for a flawless look. 4. Illuminate with Highlighter: Apply the Nars Illuminator to the high points of your face, such as the cheekbones, brow bones, and cupidโ€™s bow, to add a natural-looking glow and enhance your skinโ€™s radiance. 5. Add Color with Blush: Use the iconic Nars Blush in shades like โ€œOrgasmโ€ or โ€œDeep Throatโ€ to add a healthy flush of color to my cheeks. The finely milled powder blends effortlessly for a natural-looking finish. 6. Define with Bronzer: Sweep the Nars Bronzing Powder along the contours of my face to add warmth and dimension. Choose a shade that complements my skin tone for a sun-kissed glow.
Tips for healthy skin: 1 - Apply sunscreen every day before you go outdoors 2 - Use skin care products that match your skin's needs - Using products formulated for your skin's needs will help your skin look and feel its best. 3 - Resist the urge to scrub your skin clean. If you've been sweating heavily or have a serious acne flare, it may seem natural to scrub your skin. Don't! Scrubbing irritates your skin, which can worsen any skin condition, including acne 4 - Wash your face when waking, before bed, and after sweating. Washing when you wake up removes the dirt and bacteria that settle on your face while sleeping. Before bed, you want to remove makeup and grime, such as smog, smoke, or dirt, which may have landed on your skin. 5 - I LOVE seafood! - Fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and herring, are excellent foods for healthy skin. It eat Fish twice a week. If you don't like fish then I suggest trying some Omega 3 vitamins. 6 - Use Nars Orgasm blush for a natural looking healthy glow
My to tips for healthy looking skin 1st one has to be something i see alot which you dont need to do, and thats double cleansing in the morning!! You dont even have to cleanse at all in the morning even if using retinols. Double cleansing at night is enough, over cleansing can cause the skin to dehydrate, in the morning if you feel you need to do something just splash your face with warm water, and use a good toner to kick start your routine ๐ŸŒน I find this is one of the most common mistakes i read๐Ÿฉท Then the others would be 2.hydration - drinking water and serums for hydration 3. Liquid exfoliation once a week ( aha bha peel) an exfoliation in the form of a peel rather than a grainy substance is far more better for the skin๐Ÿฉท 4. Vitamin c for that glowing look especially if your skin is looking dull 5. SPF!!! Aways wear spf i use spf 30 in winter and 50 in summer, never go out side with out, there are plenty around these days that sit beautifully underneath foundation ๐Ÿ’œ
There is so much that goes into healthy looking skin! It comes down to age, health, skin types, cleaning and products. To me its essential to drink plenty of water, giving your age consideration, using colegan as the skin doesnt produce it naturally in our 30s+ so ingesting a supplement aswell as using ointments is key! The use of Hyaluronic Acid serum will help improve the look of dehydrated skin followed by serums amd moisturiser. Its important to double cleanse your face every morning and night to clean the skin of dirt and tone to improve skin texture. A day cream with an Spf should be used daily and night creams should be used to repair any damage and encourage cell renewal. Eye creams should also be used to encourage smoother and firmer skin barrier. Lips are often forgot about so important to use a lip balm with a spf
My Makeup Journey: I would experiment with different brushes and blenders to see the right application for me. I would also experiment with different shades and colours to see the ones that best suited my skin tone or which colours complemented each other when applied together. I would also experiment with different textures (matte, liquid etc.) to see the different effects they would give to the looks I was trying to create and if they worked with my skin type. I found the tip of prepping my skin before makeup application to be very important for my makeup journey as it helped make my makeup work better for my face. I also found understanding the right order to apply various products in to help create my looks in a better way. This was exciting for me to see my face as a canvas for creativity and I continue to evolve as a makeup lover!
I do remember the first time I put make-up on and what a mess it was lol! Blue eyeshadow was always trending, While turquoise and aqua eyes are perfect for summer. Authentic 90s makeup meant ultra-thin eyebrows ( I'm so glad mine grow back) frosted lips, and even face gems! My make up has thankfully evolved over the years thanks to different trends, better make-up brands and tips from others. Make up tip - Heat your eyelash curler with a hair dryer. DIY your own heated lash curler by blowing hot air on your eyelash curler. The added heat will help your lashes curl faster and keep the shape for longer. Just hit your lash curler with a blow dryer until it heats up, wait until it cools slightly but is still warm (test it on the inside of your arm so you donโ€™t burn your eyelid), then clamp down on your lashes to curl them.
My makeup skills 10 years ago: I was clueless about how to apply eye makeup properly, how to blend eyeshadow or which tools to use for my eye shape and only owned 1 brush. I didn't know how to apply liquid liner or how to create dimension on my face with bronzer, contour or blush. Powder foundation, mascara and lipstick and liner was as good as it got lol. My makeup skills now: - After watching lots of online tutorials, practice, trial and error and attending a few masterclasses, I now have the right makeup brushes and basic technique to create simple eye looks, soft glam and smokey eyes etc using more than 1 eyeshadow. I also know how to shade match my foundation and concealer and how to apply complexion products in a way that is flattering. I feel much more more confident about applying my makeup now that I have better understanding of application technique and which products work best for my skin. My face no longer looks flat after applying foundation because I know how to apply bronzer, concealer, blush and contour properly. Most of all, makeup has become fun to me and a form of self-care!
My makeup journey --- I can just about remember when I started using makeup. I watched my mum apply her makeup and picked up tips from this. As a teen in the 80's I used lots of bright blues and pinks with very bold blusher and lots of mascara. When I look back on photos of myself I feel I overdone it a bit. From my thirties onwards I have learnt more about the importance of skincare and that wearing lighter makeup is more flattering and easy wear. I have learnt more about makeup tips and how to do different techniques. I have learnt about using bronzer, adding highlighter, applying blusher in the correct place, applying eye shadow for bolder and subtle looks. I also pay more attention to my eyebrows and their shape, making them more bolder and noticeable for framing my face. Makeup has come on a long way since my teens with a lot more variety and techniques which is much more spoken about and supported now. Along with a lot more vegan and cruelty free brands available. I definitely feel that my makeup looks now in my 50's is a much better look that I feel comfortable and confident about.
when i first started using makeup i used to just buy whatever foundation shade i saw im quite pale but it always used to be a shade or two darker than my skin tone ๐Ÿฅด. i also only ever put mascara on my top lashes never on the bottom, i sometimes still do this for some reason i always thought you werent supposed to put it on the bottom ๐Ÿ˜‚ i still dont always put it on the bottom lashes because i think it looks better just on the top lashes for me anyways. i never used to wear eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss either, so i would just do foundation a shade or two darker and mascara that was it ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜‚. now i have to use moisturer first because i get dry skin without it, i use a watermelon spray im not sure what it is tbh and a toner i think too, i probably dont even need the toner but i still use it haha. then i do foundation, liquid blush, highlight sometimes even bronzer. i use eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, and a lipgloss or lipstick and always use scented vaseline too if i havent got gloss or lipstick on then i use a setting spray
My Makeup Journey My makeup journey started when I was around 13/14 and I think I can speak for most of us when I say we used to use foundation that was too dark and we didnโ€™t know the meaning of blending especially on our necks ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I used to have my mascara layered up to the full thickness that my lashes looked clumpy ๐Ÿคข When I got to about 16/17 I started to really fall in love with makeup and finally learnt to blend and find the right shade of foundation. I was still very scared to use colour and blush, I would occasionally wear lipstick but I was more of a lipgloss gal. Once I hit my 20โ€™s I just fully embraced all things makeup and started to go out of my comfort zone by wearing blush, bronzer and wearing lipstick in shades I usually wouldnโ€™t. Now Iโ€™m 28 and I still love everything about makeup and I love to go full glam and natural. I love spending my days off experimenting with different eye looks and just finding looks that I love and help me feel confident!!
My Makeup Journey ๐Ÿ™ˆโค๏ธ I used to watch my mum applying makeup, carefully studying the application of mascara and lipstick and I couldn't wait until I could wear makeup too! My mum didn't wear foundation or anything face products as she has sensitive skin so when I started wearing makeup as a teenager and unfortunately had ZERO clue what I was doing, opting for the most orange foundations I could find in Boots and only applying to my face (my neck was crying in comparison ๐Ÿ˜‚) Thankfully after some time experimenting and finally realising that the wrong foundation shade did in fact not look good I started wearing my own shade and embracing my ultra fair skin tone and pairing it with a winged liner and bold lip, this has been my go to look ever since! I've attached a pic of 15 year old me starting to understand makeup, what works and what doesn't โค๏ธ
do you rember the first time you put make up.. unfortunately yes๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ Iโ€™ve always been into make up, i started around 14, but looking back had NO idea what on earth i was doing and looked like an umpalumpa ๐Ÿ˜ƒ That thick dark line across the bottom of your jawline, those small jagged dark powder eye brows, and lets not forget the thick spider leg mascaraโ€ฆ. Yes i was one of thoseโ˜บ๏ธ orange foundation, orange very shimmery bronzerโ€ฆ dreadful! Over the years i have learned alot my self, and come on leaps and bounds thank god! And really enjoy the art of make up, and not looking like something the jungle dragged out, less is more, you need to blend especially the neck! and a natural look is far more fetching than thick bright make up๐Ÿ˜‚ Photo on right an example of what i looked like at 14 to an actual photo of me now at 35 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฐ
2024 is the year for ME. This year I am going to try put myself first and do things for bettering myself. i have started my new healthy eating regime. I am wanting to join the gym but stil figuring out which one as I am a single mother and work for the NHS so my schedule is tight and I ideally wanted a gyn that offers classes that will fit into my hectic schedule. I have always loved make up and I want to expand from my 'usuals' and branch o and experiement with different products and shades. I want to try learn new techniques as I do stick to my 'usual'. I have found that skincare plays a integral role, good skin means your makeup looks better and you feel better. So I need to make time for this. Time to invest in myself is the key thing here. If I don't look after myself then I will be 'pouting from an empty cup' for my children. My children who are my life and soul and they deserve the best version of me. This year I am going to try be that better version, for myself and for them. โค
I'm thrilled to announce my beauty resolution for the year, which is to take my skincare routine to the next level. Starting from consistent skincare in the morning and at night, I plan to embrace new makeup products, looks, and techniques and step out of my comfort zone. It's all about celebrating my natural features and investing in quality beauty tools to make them shine brighter than ever before! But it's not just about my outward appearance. I'm also committed to deep cleaning my makeup brushes and sponges, decluttering my makeup stash, and discarding expired beauty products to ensure that I'm using only the best and the freshest. To make my beauty journey even more exciting, I'll be incorporating stress-relieving practices into my routine, like yoga, meditation, or aromatherapy. With my dedicated morning and evening skincare routine, I'll be researching and investing in the best skincare products suitable for my skin type and concerns. Trying out different makeup products will be a fun experiment to discover new styles and techniques that will enhance my features. Educating myself on proper makeup application and tools will ensure that I'm using them effectively and correctly. I'm confident that by prioritizing self-care and embracing new experiences, 2024 will be the year of beauty and personal growth.
My beauty resolution for 2024 is to stick to a consistent skincare routine, both in the morning and at night. I plan to stay hydrated inside and out, and also step out of my comfort zone and experiment with different makeup products, looks and techniques. I want to celebrate my flaws and natural features, invest in quality beauty tools, and take better care of them. In addition, I will throw away expired beauty products, deep clean my makeup brushes and sponges, and declutter my makeup stash. I will also incorporate stress-relieving practices into my routine. To achieve this, I will set aside dedicated time in the morning and evening to cleanse, tone, and moisturize my skin. I will research and invest in skincare products that are suitable for my skin type and concerns. Experimenting with different makeup products will allow me to discover new styles and techniques that enhance my features. I will educate myself on proper makeup application and tools, ensuring that I am using them correctly and effectively. I will also keep track of the expiration dates of my beauty products, regularly checking and discarding any that are past their prime. Cleaning my makeup brushes and sponges regularly will prevent bacteria buildup and ensure that my application is smooth and flawless. Decluttering my makeup stash will help me stay organized and prevent the accumulation of unnecessary products. Lastly, to maintain a healthy mind and body, I will incorporate stress-relieving practices such as meditation, yoga, or aromatherapy into my beauty routine. By prioritizing self-care and embracing new experiences, I am confident that 2024 will be a year of beauty and personal growth.
แดส า“แด€แด แดส€ษชแด›แด‡ ษดแด€ส€s แด˜ส€แดแด…แดœแด„แด› แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ แดแดษดแด›สœ ษชs แด›สœแด‡ แดส€ษขแด€sแด ส™สŸแดœsสœ ษช ส€แด‡แด„ษชแด‡แด แด‡แด… ๐Ÿธ sแด€แดแด˜สŸแด‡s แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ sสœแด€แด…แด‡ ษชs แด˜แด‡ส€า“แด‡แด„แด› า“แดส€ แด€สŸสŸ sแด‹ษชษดแด›แดษดแด‡s แด€ษดแด… ษช สŸแดแด แด‡ สœแดแดก ษชแด› แด€s sสœษชแดแดแด‡ส€ ส™แดœแด› ษดแดแด› แด›แดแด แดแดœแด„สœ ษชษด สแดแดœส€ า“แด€แด„แด‡. ษช สœแด€แด แด‡ า“แดแดœษดแด… แดแดœแด› สแดแดœ แด„แด€ษด ษขแด‡แด› ษชแด› ษชษด า“แดœสŸสŸ sษชแดขแด‡ แดส€ แดษชษดษช ษช แด„แด‡ส€แด›แด€ษชษดสŸส แด›สœษชษดแด‹ แด›สœษชs ษชs แดส ษดแด‡แดก ษขแด แด›แด ส™สŸแดœsสœ แด˜ส€แดแด…แดœแด„แด›
My summer makeup routine focuses on achieving a natural, glowy look. I like to keep it simple and lightweight, but still want to enhance my natural features. Here is my step-by-step routine using NARS makeup products: 1. Cleansing and Moisturizing: I start by cleansing my face and applying a moisturizer with SPF. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is my go-to choice as it provides light coverage and sun protection while keeping my skin hydrated. 2. Concealing: Next, I use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to hide any dark circles or blemishes. The creamy texture blends seamlessly into the tinted moisturizer to provide a flawless complexion. 3. Blush: For a natural flush of color, I opt for NARS Orgasm Blush. This cult-favorite shade suits most skin tones and the peachy pink shade with golden shimmer adds a beautiful luminosity to my complexion. 4. Eyes: I apply a few coats of NARS Climax Mascara to give my lashes volume and length while still looking natural. Then, if I want a bit more definition, I'll use NARS Brow Perfector to fill in and shape my brows. 5. Lips: To finish off the look, I apply the NARS Afterglow Lip Balm in the shade "Orgasm". It adds a sheer wash of color, hydration, and subtle luminosity to my lips. Overall, this summer makeup routine using NARS products provides me with the coverage, hydration, and luminosity I desire without feeling heavy on my skin. Plus, the long-lasting, smudge-resistant formulas ensure my makeup stays in place throughout any summer activity.
Here are some potential beauty hacks that might come in handy: 1. Use baby oil to remove stubborn eye makeup: Apply a small amount of baby oil to a cotton pad or tissue, then gently swipe it over the eyes to remove stubborn eye makeup - even waterproof mascara! 2. Apply a white eyeliner pencil to make eyes appear bigger and brighter: Apply white eyeliner to the waterline of your eyes to create the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes. You can also use this trick with a nude or flesh-toned eyeliner for a more natural look. 3. Use coconut oil as a natural cuticle oil: Instead of purchasing expensive cuticle oils, use coconut oil to help moisturize and soften cuticles. Simply apply a small amount to your fingertips and massage into the cuticles. 4. Apply translucent powder before your mascara to prevent smudging: If you are prone to getting mascara smudges under your eyes, apply a small amount of translucent powder to your under-eye area before applying mascara. This will help to catch any smudges and prevent them from sticking to your skin. 5. Use hairspray to help set your makeup: If you're going to be out and about for a while and want to make sure your makeup stays in place, try using hairspray! Spray a small amount of hairspray onto your face, then use a makeup sponge to blend it in. This will create a protective barrier that will help keep your makeup in place all day (just be sure to avoid your eye area!). Hopefully, these beauty hacks will help make your life a little bit easier!
Like many people at this time of year my neck is lighter than my face because the sun doesn't really hit my neck. Rather than choose a lighter foundation shade to match my neck (which tends to make me look ill and needs significant bronzing up) or use a darker shade which might result in a tide mark along my jawline unless I blend my foundation all the way down my neck, I just put a lighter shade of foundation along my jawline. I then use the shade that matches the rest of my face on my cheeks, nose, forehead. I can usually blend the two areas together seamlessly. It also has the effect of sculpting the jaw slightly, partiularly if you apply a contour shade underneath the jawline. I don't usually have to buy a lighter shade of foundation, most of us have a summer and winter shade of foundation, or I use samples of foundation that were too pale for me.
Splurge Vs Save: Advice from a makeup artist on what to invest in and what to save when it comes to makeup buys! Primer- save. Unless you have problematic skin you donโ€™t need to spend lots of money on a primer Foundation - splurge. Base makeup is worth spending on Concealer - splurge. High end brands offer more shades and their concealers are more pigmented Setting powder - splurge. High end brands have more refined powders and better setting ability Bronzer - save or splurge depending on your preference. High street brands have many shades in their ranges these days Blush - save or splurge depending on your preference. If you wear blush everyday it may be worth the splurge Lip liners / lipsticks - splurge. High end brands such as MAC are more long lasting, offer a range of finishes and shades. Having said that I personally think thereโ€™s a lot of long lasting lipsticks in high street brands such as NYX Lip gloss- save. No matter which brand you purchase it will never last long enough so save your pennies and purchase a high street gloss! Love to know your views!
Iโ€™m super pale, but when selecting a foundation I find going for a shade with pink undertones gives me a bit more of a โ€˜natural,โ€™ tint. I like looking pale, I love the English rose, porcelain skin look. Iโ€™ve been colour matched and tried all the different undertones - was colour matched to pink undertones but they tried others just so I could see the effect. I have cool, maybe edging towards neutral, so I know this wonโ€™t apply to everyone. However, if you have a skin tone like me and havenโ€™t gone for pink undertoned foundation then I recommend trying it. It changed my makeup look for the better! I even sometimes mix in a pink primer or illuminator if I feel my skin is really having a dull day or the foundation isnโ€™t quite pink enough. I know this all might sound obvious to some, but the amount of pale faced people Iโ€™ve spoken to who always just choose the first light shade on the list is incredible. Just because itโ€™s first on the list doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s the lightest (for some brands) and doesnโ€™t mean it is the best choice for you. Always pay attention to undertones and try something new, you never know where itโ€™ll take you!